As many of you ohhh'd and ahhhh'd over Ashley's Kitchen Makeover last month, some of you got to thinking "but where's the organizational aspects of this newly updated space?" Well, we've got great news…we were able to convince Ash to let us in to her home one last time to take a quick peek into her favorite organized space in the kitchen. Her pantry! You would think that it would be the beautiful marble counters or the updated white cabinetry, but oh no…it's actually her pantry that makes her feel "like a new woman!"
Let's check it out!
With a custom design from Neat Chicago's closet bestie, Carson Closets, Ashley was able to come up with the perfect layout for her new pantry. After all, this was her area of expertise! The following was her checklist of criteria ::
- A space to fit her microwave that aligned well with the outlet and was deep enough for the microwave to actually fit
- Enough drawers to allow for storage of the "ugly" kitchen items (ie. tupperware, ziplocs, lunch bags, etc.)
- A great color that was different than the rest of her kitchen
- An efficient use of space, in order to be able to access her everyday necessities as well as store all of the extras that she doesn't use on a regular basis (ie. serving platters, bowls, drink carafes)
After completion of the installation (and with a little help from her Chicago team) Ashley was able to quickly transform her new pantry into the perfect space for her and her family. All it took was the perfect storage solutions (listed below) and Heather's impeccably handwritten labels to get her well on her way to the NEATest pantry in town!
- These baskets were used to store all of the snacks from salty to sweet, as well as her entire baking section (ummmm looks likes Ash much rather prefers to buy more sweets than make them!)
- No pantry is complete without the use of functional food storage containers. Ashley used these for her pastas, these for her cereals and these for the little treats like nuts, raisins, etc. Sure, you could continue to just fill your pantry with the actual boxes your foods come in, but what fun is that when you could have a beautiful pantry like this??
- And, lastly, these labels, a white paint pen, and some natural jute twine added the perfect finishing touch to keep this pantry nice and NEAT forever!
We hope these pictures have inspired you to re-organize your pantry! And, if you don't feel like doing so yourself, then you know who to call! (wink. wink)
the NEAT girls