A NEAT Girl’s Guide to Minimalism
Minimalism is often misunderstood, but at its core it is the intentional act of simplifying one’s life. Or in other word's it is music to a NEAT girl's ears!
What is even better is that it has become super trendy to minimize. With documentary's like Nexflix's Minimalism we are feeling extra inspired these days to declutter our own homes. Our Orlando NEAT girl, Meg, has been particularly motivated and was nice enough to share some images and tips with us of what minimalism looks like in Florida these days.
TIP #1 :: MINIMIZE your possessions.
Take an honest look at your possessions and part with items you don’t need:
- Clothing you never wear
- Duplicate kitchen items you don’t need
- Travel sized toiletries you never use
Then donate them for a tax break, giveaway to friends, or sell these items on eBay, Letgo or other resale apps for some extra cash.
TIP #2 :: MAXIMIZE your purchases.
Each time you purchase a new item you should ask yourself:
- Do I need it?
- Do I love it?
- Do I have anything like it?
TIP #3 :: MINIMIZE your activities.
Minimize the non-essential activities that you don’t enjoy:
- If you dread grocery shopping, perhaps try a service like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh so you only have the food items you need on hand.
- Ask yourself if all of the activities you participate in are still serving you well. If not, it might be time to cleanse the 'ole schedule a bit as well.
TIP #4 :: MAXIMIZE your opportunities.
Consider adding an activity, or two, that truly makes you happy:
- Taking a regular workout class
- Going for daily walks
- Joining a gym
- Spending more time with your loved ones
Who's excited to re-evaluate some things in your life? Thanks Meg for sharing how Orlando is taking minimalism to a whole new level!!
the NEAT girls
| posted in About Us
| tagged Minimalism