How To Pick the Perfect Basket
Since many of us are still in shock over the whole Brangelina break up and likely trying to decide if we are sad over it or still #teamJen, we figured it was a good time for a little distraction. So…why not shop for some baskets, right???
Many of you ask how we get our spaces looking so polished and perfected. It actually requries a step by step process that any of you can follow in order to find the perfect basket for your home.
1. First and foremost, you need to organize the items in a space that you think needs to be contained. Remove everything from your entire space, then sort and categorize all of it. The key is to not over categorize! For example, if your space only allows for one basket of "workout clothes" then you may have to decide what your favorites are and find a basket that fits everything. If you are able to fit a few different categories (ie. pic below), then just make sure they all get sorted and placed accordingly.
2. Then, you will want to make sure you measure the shelf/space that the basket and items are then going to live on. We even take it a step further and measure all of the items grouped together on the floor to make sure they will actually fit in the basket before you purchase.
3. You are now to the fun part! Time to decide what type of basket person you are. Are you more traditional or modern? What does the rest of your home aesthic look like? We love to mix and match, but find that it definitely takes some trial and error when puttling together the puzzle. We often have to over purchase a little in order to play with different looks that fit a particular home and space.
Here are a few of our favorite baskets out there right now…
1. Danish Design Store– Perfect for toys, stuffed animals, blankets or anything else that may work in this bin that can sit out it's so cute.
2. Serena and Lily– Also a favorite in a kids room. However, they could work really great for adult things, too. Magazines, books, dvd's (and yes, people still have those), a kitchen pantry for food, etc. The combo of all three could be really fun to play with!
3. Pottery Barn Kids– Another great one for a kids room/playroom. This could even be fun in a mudroom for umbrellas or your dog's stuff!
4. Pottery Barn– We are kind of obsessed with the white one! The amount of ways you could use this one are actually endless. Playrooms, pantries, closets, media area…you name it. Our pro tip on this one is to place some of the small felt pads you put on furniture under each corner to protect it from scratch the surface you place it on.
The list could go on and on, but for now we hope that we distracted you for just a moment from the world breaking news. Maybe next time Brad will learn to keep his eggs in one basket!!
the NEAT girls
We are Ashley and Molly, the founders of Neat Method.
Lets face it – we obviously love to organize and are a little…or maybe we should say a lot type-A. This perfect storm created The Neat Life. Welcome! We’ve seen it all, heard it all, organized it all, and are always obsessed with seeing a perfectly NEAT space. Even if a clutter free space doesn’t tickle your fancy as much as ours, we guarantee you will be entertained by our antics and drive to make the world a NEAT-er place!
You may also like::
NEAT PRODUCTS COMING SOON!
Sign up for our newsletter for early access