Marissa’s Baby Registry Must Haves
Our next NEAT girl to join the crew is expected to arrive in May! This one won’t be running one of our cities (just yet ;)) but she will be Owner, Marissa Hagmeyer’s, office assistant and first baby.
As Marissa anxiously awaits her arrival we have asked her to let us in on what she is doing to prepare and what the latest registry must haves are for this NEAT baby girl.
Hi Everyone! I couldn’t be more excited to be expecting a baby girl in just a few weeks. The last 9 months have honestly not been too bad in the grand scheme of things – I guess I’ve had it easy when it comes to pregnancy. Registering on the other hand was a bit more of a challenge for me. First of all I struggle with the whole idea of asking your friends and family for gifts and secondly I wanted to try and avoid having our house be overtaken by baby equipment.
Overwhelmed by the whole process, I decided to just start by doing a ton of research. I sought a lot of advice from the other NEAT girls, my family and friends, and also read through nearly every page of Lucie’s List and Babylist. With my findings in mind I came up with the following must haves …
1. It goes without saying that you need a baby carrier but there are so many options out there. The Nuna Pipa felt right for us because it is super lightweight, has a built in sun canopy (FL baby must-have) and can be used without a base when we are traveling.
2. The I Am Tidy book, because who doesn’t want to teach their kids about being NEAT from a young age. LOL!
3. A pretty pair of gold Freshly Picked moccasins. Okay these maybe weren’t a must have but they sure are cute, right?
4. The Ergobaby 360 Carrier so that this little lady is able to hit the town with us.
5. I can’t wait to do my first load of baby girl’s laundry with The Laundress Baby Detergent. Hopefully it makes the 100th load a little more exciting as well ;).
6. NEAT’s favorite velvet slimline hangers in baby size so that I can maximize space in the closet.
7. A montly bow subscription to Little Poppy Co. Okay these too are another just fun to have.
8. The BabyBjorn Travel Crib because we live far from family so being able to sleep comfortably on the go is going to be important for us.
9. A Sophie the Giraffe Teether seems to make it onto every Mom’s registry these days. She apprently is an all in one development toy awakeing each of baby’s 5 sense!
10. It also goes without saying that you will need a stroller. However, there are about 10,000 out there so this was a tough decision. We ultimately picked the UppaBaby Vista because it is lightweight, the bassinet can also be used for an infant sleeper, it can be converted to a double down the road, and becuase it was super easy to maneuver and fold up.
With all that being said, I would love to hear from you if there are items I am missing. Leave a note in the comments below if you have any advice for me!
Image 1 & 3 :: Photo Credit (Heather Holt Photography)