Orlando, Florida is one of the top tourism destinations in the United States. With Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and many more attractions, it’s no wonder why so many families flock to the City Beautiful for vacation.
“I highly suggest you do your research ahead of time, book hotel & restaurant reservations early and read plenty of “Disney blogs” to get the inside scoop. As an Orlando resident, here are my quick (sometimes overlooked) tips on how to stay NEAT while traveling to Orlando”.
Tip #1: Pack these essential items!
– Snacks & Water Bottle – save yourself time and money by bringing in your own fruit, snack bars, and refillable water bottles.
– Rechargeable Battery for Phone – make sure your phone has enough charge to utilize the Disney app for park info, show times and fast passes
– Lightweight Rain Coat – you’ll be prepared if it rains or if you end up on Splash Mountain. Nobody wants to walk around soaking wet all day.
– Comfortable shoes – it goes without saying, but with a lot of walking you need to wear some supportive shoes.
– Sunglasses – you’re in the sunshine state after all, so make sure to pack a lightweight pair of inexpensive sunglasses in case they get misplaced
– Sunscreen – similar to sunglasses, if it’s winter where you live you may be shocked just how sunny it gets in Florida. Be prepared with enough SPF.
– Lightweight bag – a backpack or a large cross body bag works really well to hold all your essentials
Tip #2: Plan out your days!
– Prioritize & Plan – there’s so much to see at the parks, make sure to prioritize which parks you want to visit and what you want to see while you’re there. You can even book fast passes ahead of time, so it’s important to know what you and your family really want to do, see and experience while at the parks.
– Use your phone calendar – keep track of all important times while you’re on your trip: restaurant reservations, fast pass times, important show times. If you’re in a group, invite the other members so everyone is on the same page. You can even set reminders to keep you on track.
Tip #3: Go with the flow!
Being NEAT isn’t about stress, it’s about being as prepared as possible, so you can relax and enjoy your life. Once you’ve done all the research, planning, packing and scheduling… simply have fun, you’re on vacation after all! If you miss one of your fast pass times, no big deal. If you forget to pack something, there are so many places you can purchase necessary items. If your kids want to spend all of their time at the pool and not even go to the park (believe me, it happens) don’t freak out. Enjoy the amazing sunshine with your friends, family and loved ones!
our Orlando NEAT girl, Meg