Holiday Prep with Maytag
With the holidays just around the corner, it's important to get organized before all the parties, presents & visitors! We collaborated with our friends at Maytag on three Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel refrigerator upgrades and we're sharing our tips to get your fridge in tip-top shape.
This blog post is sponsored by Maytag®. The content and opinions expressed here are that of NEAT Method's.
6 Tips to Prep Your Fridge for the Holidays
1. Edit :: Toss expired food, including those old condiments and forgotten frozen meats to make room for large party platters.
2. Customize :: Adjust shelving to make space for what you need! We love how one of the shelves in our Maytag fridge can fold in half to create more height for wine!
3. Categorize :: Group remaining food into categories such as cheese, meat, veggies, fruit, and condiments. The refrigerator's clear drawers allow us to easily see where everything is.
4. Condense :: Remove excess packaging from individually packaged foods like yogurt, string cheese and drinks so they can be condensed within containers.
5. Contain :: Where necessary, use acrylic drawer dividers and open bins to separate and contain categories. My 36-inch wide Maytag refrigerator is spacious enough to hold plenty of storage containers.
6. Label :: Label categories with damage free chalkboard stickers to keep everyone in your family on the same page and easily find those holiday recipe ingredients.
We hope these tips help you get organized and prepared for the holidays!
The NEAT Girls
We are Ashley and Marissa, the founders of Neat Method.
Lets face it – we obviously love to organize and are a little…or maybe we should say a lot type-A. This perfect storm created The Neat Life. Welcome! We’ve seen it all, heard it all, organized it all, and are always obsessed with seeing a perfectly NEAT space. Even if a clutter free space doesn’t tickle your fancy as much as ours, we guarantee you will be entertained by our antics and drive to make the world a NEAT-er place!